About 2,000 Jews were shot in front of the cemetery during the ghetto clearance operation in December 1942. Another 1,000 were shot in the ghetto and hastily buried next to or inside the cemetery.
Ratne – Prokhid
On 26 August 1942, between 1,300 and 1,500 Jews from the Ratne ghetto were shot in a sand quarry in the village of Prokhid and hastily buried in mass graves.
On 9 October 1942, some 800 Jews from the Ostrozhets ghetto were shot on the edge of the village. The victims, among whom were Jews from neighbouring Torhovytsia, were hastily buried in pits prepared in advance in the Jewish cemetery.
On 15 August 1942, about 500 Jews from the Kysylyn ghetto, also including Jewish families from neighbouring villages, were shot in a field outside Kysylyn and hastily buried in a pit prepared in advance.
Kovel – Bakhiv
This large memorial site recalls the mass shootings of over 8,000 Jews from Kovel in a sand quarry near Bakhiv in June 1942. It protects four mass graves.
In May 1942, German units murdered more than 800 Jewish children, women, and men from Yanushpil (from 1946 — Ivanopil) and neighbouring localities in the outskirts of the village. Jewish life in Yanushpil was eradicated.
According to the Soviet Extraordinary State Commission, 32 Roma were murdered in the hamlet of Batseve on the outskirts of the village of Kalynivka. According to statements from local residents, the Roma were locked inside a barn that was then set on fire.
In the summer or autumn of 1942, at least 80 Roma were murdered on the outskirts of the village of Divoshyn. The group of Roma had previously been expelled from the Belarussian village of Kozly by the village elder.
Before the war, the Jewish community of Vakhnivka consisted of about 800 people It was wiped out in 1942. The main shooting site lies in the middle of a forest outside the village.
In February 1943, about 300 Jews from Chukiv forced labour camp were beaten to death or shot on the edge of the former airfield near Chukiv.
At least 500 Jews, half of them children, were shot in a field near the centre of Samhorodok on 4 June 1942. An entire Jewish community was thereby eradicated. 15 Soviet prisoners of war were also murdered here.
Before the war, the Jewish community of Plyskiv consisted of about 790 people. Only a few of them survived the Holocaust. The main shooting site for the Jews from Plyskiv and the surrounding area was the former livestock cemetery outside the village.
Starting at the end of April 1942, German security forces, supported by local police, shot over 950 Jews in a field near Lypovets and hastily buried them in two mass graves.
At the time of the 1939 census there were more than 1,800 Jews living in the small town of Liubar (around 70 per cent of the residents). In August 1941, around 500 Jewish men from Liubar were shot outside the town on the edge of a grove near Yurivka.
Around 100 Jews from Kolodianka and the surrounding area were murdered in a nearby field and hastily buried in four mass graves.
In autumn 1941, more than 170 Jews from Barashi and the surrounding area were murdered in a field near the town and hastily buried in two mass graves.
Berdychiv – Khazhyn
The mass grave in Khazhyn, located 7 km south of the city of Berdychiv, is one of several large mass graves located in and around Berdychiv.